This is a navigation portal of links to resource documents that you should be incorporating into your development plan as you pursue the next level of certification or otherwise evolving your skills as a ski instructor.2014-15 PSIA National Alpine Certification Standards This document establishes the Skiing, Teaching and Professional Knowledge Standards for Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 certification. Guide for New Instructors (PDF)
New Instructor E-Learning Course: This free course is a great resource for those thinking about, or just getting started in, teaching snowsports.
(Log into TheSnowPros.org to order these items from the Accessories Catalog to receive the discounted member price shown below.)
- New Alpine Technical Manual (available in print, digital or combo versions) – product # 134 $39.95
- Core Concepts for Snowsports Instructors – product # 126 $24.95
- PSIA Adult Alpine Teaching Handbook – product # 172 $22.95
- Tactics for All-Mountain Skiing – product # 149 $19.50
- Cues to Effective/Ineffective Teaching – product # 17208 $5.00
PSIA National Movement Matrix : The Matrix is your one-stop shop for all ski and snowboard educational video content. Watch videos on all disciplines, including adaptive, alpine, cross country, telemark, and snowboard. Maximize your learning time by sorting the videos you want to watch by conditions, terrain, and level.