Board Member Qualifications
- Candidate must be a Certified Member of the organization for three consecutive years.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age
- Candidate must be a legal resident of the United States, with snowsports work or permanent residence within the boundary of the division. For a section representative they must RESIDE within the section they are nominated. For a Discipline representative they must RESIDE within the division.
- Candidate must be a member in good standing and up to date with dues and education credits.
*** Members may nominate themselves for an open position. ***
The positions being filled during the 2019 election cycle are:
- Alpine Section 3 – (1 seat) representing members in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, and Louisiana
- Alpine Section 4 – (1 seat) representing members in Michigan, East of Hwy 77 in the Upper Peninsula and north of Hwy 57 (in the mitten)
- Alpine Section 5 – (1 seat) representing members in Michigan, South of Hwy 57
- Alpine Section 6 – (1 seat) representing members in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama.
- Snowboard Representative (1 seat) – representing Sections 1, 2 & 3
Board member participation and minimum commitment of time to the organization is as follows:
- Attendance at two face-to-face meetings required, May and August of each year, overnight stay required as the meetings are 1.5 days long and are held over a weekend. These meetings begin on Saturday morning and end on Sunday afternoon.
- Option to attend the Annual Membership Meeting – 1 day meeting
- Bimonthly telephone conference call meetings – minimum 2 hours per call
- Must serve on 2-3 committees – 6-8 hours of work per month
- Basic Understanding of Roberts Rules of Order and Parliamentary Procedure
The nomination period expired end of day December 15, 2018.