PSIA-AASI Central Division – Welcome New Board Members
The Board is excited and looking forward to working with all new and re-elected members of the board for the 2019 / 2020 Season. This is a continuing opportunity to work on our partnership with PSIA-AASI.
Welcome to the New and Incumbent Board Members:
- Alpine Section 3 – Andrea Brown (no other nominees)
- Alpine Section 4 – Brad Miller (Incumbent, no other nominees)
- Alpine Section 5 – No Nomination; To be voted on by the Board according to Bylaws, Policies & Procedures
- Alpine Section 6 – Rick Karr (Results – Rick Karr 51, Daniel Markowitz 24)
- Snowboard Sect 4, 5, 6 – Brooks Lillehei (Incumbent) (Results – Brooks Lillehei 11, Jordan Fylling 4)
- There were 5 open seats for the 2019 election and 6 nominations for the five open seats;
- One nomination for each of the following: Alpine Section 3, Alpine Section 4. These two seats were uncontested. The Bylaws and Policies and Procedures documents governing our organization do not allow for write-in candidates in our elections, therefore these two nominees won their seats through the nomination process.
- Two nominations for each of the following: Alpine Section 6, Snowboard Sections 4, 5, & 6. The Member vote during the scheduled election period determined the winners in these two sections.
- There were no Member nominations for the open position in Alpine Section 5. The Board will follow the Bylaws, Policies and Procedures by voting on candidates recommended by current Board Members. The Board received 2 qualified recommendations for the Section 5 position. The Board will hold a special meeting allowing each of the recommended candidates to present themselves and their resume to the Board. The open Section 5 seat will be filled by the candidate that the Board determines to be the most qualified.
Thank you to all the out going Members of the Board!
- Alpine Section 3 – Mike Moenning
- Alpine Section 5 – Geoff Sheperd
- Alpine Section 6 – Forrest Gibson
We truly appreciate all your hard work and dedication and will miss you all!!
Please don’t forget, even if you are not on the Board of Directors, there are many opportunities to participate and help shape the future direction of our Division:
- Share experiences by submitting articles for the Central Line publication
- Volunteer to participate on committees
- Introduce new ideas and participate in moving initiatives forward
- Advertise in the Central Line publication, on the PSIA-C Website and Facebook
- Submit and share photos in the Central Line, on the PSIA-C Website and Facebook
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve the Central Line, PSIA-C Website and Facebook
- Enroll in a Webinar event or plan to take an on-snow event this winter – http://www.psia-c.org/calendar/
Thank you to all the Members that participated in the 2019 Election!
Looking forward to the 2019 / 2020 Season!