PSIA-AASI Central Division is seeking candidate nominations for the 2019 open seats on the board of directors.
A member in good standing may nominate themselves or another member in good standing to represent their specific snowsports discipline or section in which they reside.
Nominations for the 2019 open seats on the board will begin on Thursday, November 15, 2018 and end December 15, 2018.
For the Alpine discipline, there are six geographical sections representing the members in ten states. There are also, two Snowboard representatives, one Nordic representative and one Adaptive representative on the Board of Directors.
Members in good standing are defined by the following;
- Legal US residents and have either a permanent address or are actively teaching within the geographic boundaries of the division
- Have been certified at least three years
- At least 18 years of age
- Up to date with their dues and education credits.
Those members in good standing are eligible to serve as Section and Discipline Representatives. Section/Discipline representation and voting is determined by the members’ place of residence, not where they work or teach snowsports. However, there is an exception for members who work in the division, but reside outside of the division. Those members will be able to vote and participate in the section in which they work.
The positions being filled during this election cycle are:
• Alpine Section 3 – (1 seat) representing members in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, and Louisiana
• Alpine Section 4 – (1 seat) representing members in Michigan, East of Hwy 77 in the Upper Peninsula and north of Hwy 57 (in the mitten)
• Alpine Section 5 – (1 seat) representing members in Michigan, South of Hwy 57
• Alpine Section 6 – (1 seat) representing members in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama.
• Snowboard Representative (1 seat) – representing Sections 1, 2 & 3
Click here for the Nomination Form.