GUIDELINES FOR UNSCHEDULED EDUCATION EVENTS
*Unscheduled Event request must be made a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the earliest date requested.*
*All Unscheduled Events must be requested by a current PSIA-C Member School. *
What is an Unscheduled Education Event (UEE)?
An Unscheduled Education Event is a cost-effective alternative when attendance at a published Central Division event is not possible and a Member Snowsports School can meet the minimum group size. Because it is held at the Member Snowsports School’s own area, lift ticket/trail pass, travel, lodging and meal costs are eliminated and the event can be scheduled at the School’s and participants’ convenience. Participants are granted continuing education credit.
Unscheduled Education Events can be dryland clinics, on-snow clinics/workshops, skiing/riding development clinics, and Level I Certification Exams in any discipline. Children’s Specialist I and Freestyle certificate events are also available. Level II and Level III Exams and Mock Exams may NOT be Unscheduled Events.
IMPORTANT NOTE: While every effort will be made to accommodate Unscheduled Education Event requests, UEE’s are subject to the availability of education personnel whose first priority is to fulfill the staffing needs of scheduled education events.
What are the requirements for an Unscheduled Education Event?
- Ski school must be a current Member School of the Central Division.
- Determining the date: An unscheduled event may NOT take place within two weeks of another scheduled event that takes place within 50 miles of the UEE hosting ski area.
- Participants: All participants must be current members of PSIA-AASI in good standing and must meet all other requirements applicable to the type of event requested. A participant list must be submitted by the Member School at least 3 weeks prior to the requested dates. This participant list must include the first name, last name, Membership id #, age and birthday of all participants.
- Group Size: Minimum 7, Maximum 10 per clinic leader. Level I exam group size is 7 per examiner.**
- Timing: UEE’s may be scheduled for one weekend, two separate weekends, other days, or a series of evenings. Because Unscheduled Education Events are dependent on the availability of education personnel, event requests that conflict with the published event schedule cannot be approved.
- Staffing: Snowsports School Directors may request specific education personnel, subject to approval by the appropriate discipline admin.
**NOTE: If the minimum group size is not met by the event deadline and payment received, which is three weeks before the event, the Unscheduled Education Event must be canceled unless the Member Snowsports School requesting the event agrees to pay the difference.
What are the fees for an Unscheduled Education Event?
There are no additional fees for Unscheduled Education Events. The school, or the participants, pay the per person published regular registration fee for the event being offered (Regular 1-day Events $130, Regular 2-day Events $168, Level 1 Exams $195, video events $178, and National team member events are $355). However, it is the responsibility of the Member Snowsports School to *submit one payment for all participants at least two weeks prior to the event and then collect payment/reimbursement from its instructors.
*A Online sign up for participants may be available for those Member School that submit a request at least 6 weeks prior to the dates requested. Once the event has been confirmed by the appropriate Administrator a link will be sent to the email listed on the request form. At that time it will be the Member School representatives responsibility to send the link to those participants. Registration for the “unscheduled” event will follow our scheduled event policies, to review those please click here. ( If the event does not meet Central’s participation minimums the event will be cancelled. Hosting Resorts may agree to pay the difference in order to meet the minimums. )
The Member Snowsports School is also responsible to provide lift tickets or trail passes for the PSIA-AASI Central group leader(s)/examiner(s) for the days of the event.
How to apply for an Unscheduled Education Event
The Snowsports School Director submits the online Unscheduled Education Event application as early in the fall as possible and not less than four weeks prior to the requested event. This application is forwarded to the appropriate Discipline Administrator who will determine whether it is possible to provide the event and will notify both the office and the Snowsports School Director.