PSIA AASI Central Event Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on each question to find the answer!
Do I have to wear a helmet at my Event? | What if I cancel my event? | I can’t make my event…What should I do? | I want to change what event I’m in! Is there a fee? | My event was canceled…now what? | I tried to register for an event online..and it had a $25 fee… | Why did my event cancel?!? | If I take something in another Division does it satisfy my education requirements for Central? | I take USSA courses every season…Do they count for as my education credit? | Can I take an exam in another Division? | I have an injury that doesn’t allow me to ski or snowboard…what should I do?
PSIA-AASI Central Helmet Policy:
PSIA-AASI Central Division Education Staff members are required to wear a helmet at all lift-served events. Due to the large and increasing number of resorts requiring helmet use by employees and/or snowsports participants, PSIA-AASI Central now requires all participants to wear a properly fitting helmet during PSIA-AASI Central lift-served events. This policy serves to limit the risk of non-compliance at host resorts—participants who arrive without a helmet may be required to procure one before event admission.
Event is Closed/Not Found/No Registration Link
- The online on-snow event registration will close at the end of the day (11:59 PM), seven days before the event. Event registrations made after the seven-day deadline will be reviewed on an individual basis by the event coordinator and the Central Office.
- All events require a minimum number of participants. Waiting to register could mean a session (event, topic, etc.) you want to attend may cancel due to an apparent lack of participation. Register on time!
When You Cancel Your Event Registration
- A full refund or transfer of payment to another event will be made if you notify the office of cancellation by the Regular Registration deadline (generally 14 days before the event). If the office is not open at the time you cancel, you are responsible to leave a voicemail or email that states your first and last name, member id # and the event you are canceling from.
- A 50% cancellation OR transfer fee will apply if you notify the office after the Standard Registration deadline but before the start of the event. If the office is not open the day of the event, you are responsible to leave a voicemail or send an email, and the time stamp on either will be used to determine timely cancellation.
- If no cancellation notice is received by the office by the start of the event, you will be considered a “no-show” and no refunds or transfers will be made. Typically events start times are at 8:30 am.
- Cancellation and transfer fees will be waived for medically necessary cancellations provided a written doctor’s certification and request for a refund are received in the office within two weeks after the event. Please note that unexpected medical instances preventing a members attendance will be accepted with a doctors note.
When We Cancel an Event
It’s rare that we cancel an entire event unless the resort/area is closed, but we often find it necessary to cancel or combine sessions at an event because the session minimum has not been met. When this happens, we will contact you as early as possible and offer other session options at the same event or transfer you to another event. Cancellation and transfer fees do not apply under these circumstances. If we cancel a session you are registered for, and it is not possible for you to attend another event by the end of the season, your registration fee sub any administrative fees will be refunded. If you are in need of education credits for this season then all possible pathways must be exhausted before a waiver is granted. (Webinars, Non-ASEA Events, etc.)
All event registrations made less than 14 days from an event will include a $25 non-refundable administrative fee (late fee). The online on-snow event registration will close at the end of the day (11:59 PM), seven days before the event. Event registrations made after the seven-day deadline will be reviewed on an individual basis by the event coordinator and the Central Office. All registration made after the seven-day date (Online, Phone, or Mailed) will include an additional $25 “walk-on” (Closed) registration handling fee ($50 total Non-Refundable administrative fees).
All events require a minimum number of participants. Waiting to register could mean a session (event, topic, etc.) you want to attend may cancel due to an apparent lack of participation.
Participants who request an event transfer after the registration deadline (14 days before the event) will incur a $25 fee. If the member’s event has been canceled by the Central office no fee will be added for a transfer to another event.
Taking a National Event or an Event in Another Division
You may take a PSIA-AASI education event in any division and Central Division will honor the education credits you earn. Please note that this is true of any official, sanctioned PSIA-AASI education event, and you are responsible for meeting any event prerequisites imposed by National or the other Division. Education Credits received for this event will be added by the hosting division or National.
Taking an Exam in Another Division
You must contact the PSIA AASI Central Division office prior to taking a Certification Exam or Certificate-Based Specialist Program in another division. The divisions require approval from your home division before they will let you register. It is especially important that you check the prerequisites of the division in which you plan to take the exam, as you must fulfill all of their requirements. This may include prep clinics, written or online exams, testing in various modules at different times, and so on.
Requesting Continuing Education Credit for a Non-ASEA Event
Under certain circumstances, the Central Division will approve education credits for an event sponsored by organizations other than PSIA-AASI and its divisions:
- Credit for non-ASEA events will be authorized only once every four years.
- If approved, one-day events will provide education credit for the current season. Events of two-day or longer duration will provide education credit for the current season and the following season.
- The training must be an official formal education program offered to the public by an education organization such as a college, association or company that normally provides training courses. Examples include USSCA coach's clinics, ski racing camps, sports training education classes, Interski events and group leadership training courses. Education programs from a specific organization will be authorized only once - for example, if you submit for credit for the USS 100, you cannot later submit for USSCA 200 or any other level.
- Informal and/or private training such as conventional ski lessons and ski school clinics are not eligible for credit, even if the group leader is highly qualified - a certification examiner, D-Team member, etc.
In order for you to be eligible for credit for a Non-ASEA Central division event, you must complete the on-line application form below at least 4 weeks before the start of the event. Please note that the application must receive approval before a credit can be granted. Applications received during the peak season may take longer to be addressed so please ensure all required information is attached to the application.
When You Get Injured at an Event
- Your Group Leader will complete an Accident Report on the occurrence; indicating your level of attendance in order for administrative staff to complete the following:
- If you completed most of day one, you will receive credit for one day. A refund will be issued for the difference between the one-day registration fee and the 2-day fee.
- If the injury occurred at the beginning of day 1 we will issue a full refund and apply a waiver for the season.
Have an injury that prevents you from taking an on Snow Event this season?
Check out PSIA AASI Central’s online Webinar’s these courses are great ways to earn credit when you can’t make an on-snow event! Webinar registration can be completed online through our Event Calendar or by contacting our Member Services staff at 231-335-4627 ext 0.
Medical waivers are also available and are approved on a case by case basis. You can apply for a Medical Waiver using our “Online Waiver Request Form” on our Membership Forms page.