Teaching Guests with Cognitive Diagnoses Online Clinic
This clinic is an online interactive clinic. The clinic consists of two 2½-hour webinars, plus homework.
Upon successful completion of this clinic (and with additional practice), you will be able to:
- Articulate some of the most prevalent cognitive diagnoses in adapted snowsports lessons
- Describe classes of medications commonly prescribed for students with cognitive diagnoses
- Perform a student assessment
- Create an exercise line (progression) for a student with a cognitive diagnosis
- Use teaching models, such as the Teaching/Learning Cycle and Learning Styles
- Incorporate Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs into your lessons to make the lessons effective and satisfying for your students
In each class, we discuss the teaching and technical skills that are evaluated against PSIA National Standards. While this clinic is designed as a preparatory clinic for those taking their Level 1 & 2 Cognitive/Visually Impaired Exam, anyone who wants to enhance their Cognitive lessons can benefit from this clinic.
Format: This clinic utilizes GoToMeeting, a web-hosted service for online video conferencing. Prior to each week’s class, you are given a link and a password for the online meeting. You can use either a desktop or mobile device to connect to the meeting and you can receive audio via computer or phone. The presentation is shown via sharing of the instructor’s desktop. Throughout each class, there are discussions and activities to encourage participation.
Note: You must be present for both classes in order to receive PSIA credit. There is no makeup session and there are no recordings of the sessions.
For more information about GoToMeeting, go here: https://www.gotomeeting.com.
To verify that your system can run GoToMeeting, click here:
To download the GoToMeeting app and find FAQs, go here: https://www.gotomeeting.com and click on Resources.