Teaching Guests with Visual Diagnoses Online Clinic
This is an online interactive clinic. It consists of two 2-1/2-hour webinars, plus homework.
On successful completion of this clinic (and with additional studying and practice), you will be able to:
- Describe how the eye works
- Explain common visual assessment terms
- Articulate some of the most prevalent visual impairments in adapted snowsports lessons
- Describe classes of medications commonly prescribed for students with visual impairments
- Perform a student assessment
- Perform indoor guiding techniques
- Explain on-hill guiding techniques
- Create an exercise line (progression) for a student with a visual impairment
In each class, we discuss the teaching and technical skills that are evaluated against PSIA National Standards. While this clinic is designed as a preparatory clinic for those taking their Alpine Level 1 & 2 Cognitive/Visually Impaired Exam, anyone who wants to enhance their Visually Impaired lessons can benefit from the clinic.
Format: This clinic utilizes GoToMeeting, a web-hosted service for online video conferencing. Prior to each week’s class, you are given a link and a password for the online meeting. You can use either a desktop or mobile device to connect to the meeting and you can receive audio via computer or phone. The presentation is shown via sharing of the instructor’s desktop. Throughout each class, there are discussions and activities to encourage participation.
Note: You must be present for both classes in order to receive PSIA credit. There is no makeup session and there are no recordings of the sessions.
For more information about GoToMeeting, go Here
To verify that your system can run GoToMeeting, click Here
To download the GoToMeeting app and find FAQs, go Here and click on Resources.